Pages

Search This Blog

Friday, June 14, 2019

Answering Questions About Nuclear Power | NeuroLogica Blog

Answering Questions About Nuclear Power | NeuroLogica Blog: It seems every time I write even tangentially about nuclear power the same comments crop up, with the same objections. So I want to explore, as best I can, the answers to those objections. First here are a few caveats. On this topic I am acting as a science journalist, not an expert. This is my personal synthesis of publicly available information. I also consider blogs to be as much conversations as essays, so welcome any thoughtful feedback, especially if you include links to back up your assertions, or if you bring genuine expertise to bear. Sometimes, in fact, I specifically choose a topic to blog about because I want to "crowd source" it in the comments. Overall, while I think that nuclear power is likely to be a critical component of our attempts at minimizing carbon release from energy production, I am not otherwise "pro-nuclear." I have no dog in that hunt, I simply want the best science-based solutions to our energy infrastructure problems. I also think that no source of energy

No comments: