Free Trade and Moral Hypocrisy
U.S. elites claiming moral superiority by demanding that other people do the sacrificing on trade issues is unprincipled hypocrisy.By Jeff Faux, July 21, 2016 | http://www.theglobalist.com/
- Claiming moral superiority by making other people sacrifice is unprincipled hypocrisy.
- Low income Americans are kicked down the economic ladder by investor-privileged globalization.
- Republicans divert attention from economic insecurity to issues like gun control and anti-immigration.
- The wages of college graduates, male and female, minority and white, have been declining for a decade.
- All market systems create economic classes. The global market is no different.
- US needs a new model of economic integration, where the enemy is not the Mexican or Chinese worker.
The Washington policy class’ defense of these so-called Free Trade Agreements has collapsed in a tangle of intellectual contradictions.http://www.theglobalist.com/free-trade-and-moral-hypocrisy/