Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, November 28, 2011

Fasting for Concern by Kevin Kearney


show details 3:06 PM (5 minutes ago)

Hi Folks,
 
   If you know me, you know how committed I am to the work of Concern Worldwide US. As a member of the Board of Directors for some 8 years and having traveled to some 10 countries I have seen how Concern carries out it's mission of serving the poorest of the poor. This past September, I traveled to Kenya and saw a country experiencing one of the most horrific droughts in it's history. The result of such a natural disaster, is incomprehensible starvation. Literally hundreds of thousands of people are starving and the death toll is shocking. Most of the dead are children. As always, Concern is on the ground providing emergency food and trying to create a sustainable environment for the future.  Funds are scarce for these programs and  we all must pitch in and help in any way possible. That's why on Dec. 19th, I and many others are fasting in an attempt to raise money in order to slow the destructive tide. I have set a personal goal of $2500 to raise in this endeavor. You Cynics will say that I can use more than one day of fasting, but you have to start somewhere.
 
   This is how you can help. Visit this web site:
 
 
    and make a donation. Any amount will due $50 $100 ???
 
Thanks so much,
 
       Kevin

No comments: