Pages

Search This Blog

Saturday, September 1, 2018

There is a God; I am not Him


 
There is a God; I am not Him
  Randal Smith: We need to remember that God does not expect us to be Him.  We are called to love and serve the people God sends our way. 

Note for the record: Robert Royal is a Notre Dame fan and Brad Miner roots for Ohio State. But they are in agreement that, while God does not play favorites, we know which one His Mother will favor tonight when the Fighting Irish play the University of Michigan. 

In the movie Rudy, young Daniel “Rudy” Ruettiger is talking to the former president of Notre Dame, Fr. John Cavanaugh.  Rudy complains that his efforts have come to naught and soon his dream of playing football at Notre Dame will be over.  “Have I done everything I possibly can?” Rudy asks.  “Can you help?” “Son, in years of religious studies,” replies Cavanagh, “I’ve come up with only two hard, incontrovertible facts:  There is a God. . .and I’m not Him.”

https://www.thecatholicthing.org/2018/09/01/there-is-a-god-i-am-not-him/

No comments: