Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday, January 19, 2017

Prayers for Our Nation

Prayers for Our Nation

O Lord, Use Me
Lord, make me an instrument of your grace.
Where there is ignorance, let me bring inspiration;
Where there is prejudice, understanding;
Where there is weariness, strength;
Where there is ugliness, beauty;
Where there is loneliness, companionship;
Where there is sadness, joy;
Where there is fear, courage;
Where there is doubt, faith;
Where there is hatred, love.
Lord, fill my mind with your truth,
my heart with your love,
my whole being with your Spirit.
Grant me the supreme gift
of forgetfulness of self in service of others,
and make your mission mine.

“When justice rules, we find faith in treaties, honesty in affairs and order in politics. The earth is at peace. Even heaven, so to speak, gladly sends its light and gently influences us.” 
Bossuet

No comments: