Pages

Search This Blog

Saturday, June 4, 2016

My Role With the Democratic Platform Drafting Committee

http://lobelog.com/my-role-with-the-democratic-platform-drafting-committee/#more-34436

My Role With the Democratic Platform Drafting Committee

by James J. Zogby
I wasn’t going to write about this subject, but something happened yesterday over lunch that prompted me to reconsider.
I was having a peaceful meal with my wife when two men sat down in the next booth. In loud voices they began to discuss the state of the presidential contest. At one point, the gentleman directly behind me said, “and Sanders picked that Cornel West and that guy who’s the head of the Arab League who has it in for Israel…”.
That did it. I spun around and said, in a polite but firm voice, “I’m that guy. I’m not the head of the Arab League and I’m asking you to change the subject now.” Shocked, the man responded “you’re him!” and began asking me questions. I cut him off making it clear that I was having lunch and wasn’t interested in pursuing the matter. They promptly changed the subject, as I had requested. After we finished eating, I turned to the two men and explained who I was and why I found the crude description of me to be so aggravating.http://lobelog.com/my-role-with-the-democratic-platform-drafting-committee/#more-34436

No comments: