Obama’s Syria Policy: The Illusion of US Power in the Middle East
The cost of letting US policy be determined primarily by the ambitions of Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Turkey.
- Why is the Obama administration able to do nothing to stop the Russian military escalation in Aleppo?
- The US wanted to play the great power role in Syria without really getting its hands dirty .
- The US never did anything to pressure its allies to cut off arms supply to militant groups.
- The Obama administration has allowed its Syria policy to be determined by the ambitions of its Sunni allies.
- The US, in a way, provided the political-diplomatic cover for the buildup of the al-Nusra Front.