Pages

Search This Blog

Sunday, October 16, 2016

Learning to Claim Our Victories Or Why Fighting for Justice Is Like Surfing

Learning to Claim Our Victories
Or Why Fighting for Justice Is Like Surfing
By Rebecca Gordon
In these dismal days of climate change, imperial decline, endless war, and in my city, a hapless football team, I seem to be experiencing a strange and unaccustomed emotion: hope. How can that be? Maybe it’s because, like my poor San Francisco 49ers who have been “rebuilding” for the last two decades, I’m fortunate enough to be able to play the long game.
But what exactly is making me feel hopeful at the moment?
For one thing, we seem to have finally reached Peak Trump, and the reason why is important.
Click here to read more of this dispatch.http://www.tomdispatch.com/post/176198/tomgram%3A_rebecca_gordon%2C_finding_hope_in_dismal_times/#more

No comments: