Pages

Search This Blog

Friday, July 17, 2015

Iran Ain’t Gonna Sneak Out Under This Deal

http://foreignpolicy.com/2015/07/16/iran-aint-gonna-sneak-out-under-this-deal-verification-inspections/?mkt_tok=3RkMMJWWfF9wsRoguq7NZKXonjHpfsX57uQsW6Sg38431UFwdcjKPmjr1YYGRMN0aPyQAgobGp5I5FEIQ7XYTLB2t60MWA%3D%3D

Iran Ain’t Gonna Sneak Out Under This Deal

Under the terms agreed to in Vienna, the country is going to be crawling with inspectors. No one’s covertly building a nuke under this regime.
About a decade ago, I started my nuclear policy career at a small British NGO that focuses on verification. My career choice turned out to be a mixed blessing for my social life. Saying that I worked on nuclear weapons was a great icebreaker at parties, but the ensuing conversations would go downhill rapidly after I mentioned the “V” word. For reasons inexplicable to me back then, my fellow partygoers just weren’t that interested in finding out how to determine whether states are abiding by their nuclear treaty commitments.

No comments: