Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

CRS Celebrate mothers around the World


Mother’s Day inspires me to reflect on the legacy of motherhood—and on the mothers I meet around the world through my work with Catholic Relief Services.

Many of these women carry heavy burdens. Some face conflict and a loss of home, while others face a lifetime of poverty. Some have already lost a child. Others are taking care of their grandchildren. But through it all, they work hard to make sure their children survive, go to school, have a future.
These mothers are fierce, protective, nurturing and selfless. As a mother myself, they inspire me to leave a strong legacy of my own.
This mother’s day, take a moment to let your mom know how much she means to you. Honor her with a gift that helps hardworking mothers in countries like Central African Republic, Laos or Nicaragua.
Check out our uniquely designed Mother’s Day e-cards. Choose an e-card and make a donation that will help mothers around the world become self-sufficient.
Honor your mother with a gift that keeps on giving. After all, isn’t that the kind of gift she’s given you all these years?
Join me in honoring mothers and their legacies this May. Thank you for your generosity and love on this special day.
May blessings overflow,


Dr. Carolyn Y. Woo
President & CEO
Catholic Relief Services


No comments: