Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Letter to the Israeli voter: If you reelect Netanyahu, you risk losing the U.S.

http://www.haaretz.com/misc/article-print-page/.premium-1.646379?trailingPath=2.169%2C2.223%2C

Letter to the Israeli voter: If you reelect Netanyahu, you risk losing the U.S.

The United States is becoming a different country; one that is increasingly intolerant of Bibi's policies.

By  Mar. 11, 2015 |





People sometimes ask me whom I would vote for, were I an Israeli. The honest answer is that I don’t know because, were I an Israeli, I would be a different person. As an Israeli, I would likely have experienced things that I have not experienced living in Boston, Washington and New York: years of military service, family killed in war, the anxiety of knowing that, not far away, live millions of people who wish my country did not exist. I would like to believe that, despite these hardships, I’d still consider it morally abhorrent and strategically suicidal to hold millions of Palestinians for almost half a century without basic rights. I’d like to believe I’d still be on the left. But do I know for sure? No. I don’t.http://www.haaretz.com/misc/article-print-page/.premium-1.646379?trailingPath=2.169%2C2.223%2C

No comments: