Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, August 6, 2012

Generation Squeezed

Generation Squeezed

 http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2012/08/06/generation_squeezed_115002.html

Robert Samuelson, Washington Post
WASHINGTON -- I worry about the future -- not mine but that of my three children, all in their 20s. It is an axiom of American folklore that every generation should live better than its predecessors. But this is not a constitutional right or even an entitlement, and I am skeptical that today's young will do so. Nor am I alone. A recent USA Today/Gallup poll finds that nearly 60 percent of Americans are also doubters. I meet many parents who fear the future that awaits their children.The young (and I draw the line at 40 and under) face two threats to their living standards.

No comments: