Save the Date – Early Registration Opportunity
25th Annual Monetary Conference
Monetary Arrangements in the
November 14, 2007
Cato Institute • Washington, D.C.
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Ben Bernanke, chairman, Federal Reserve Board
Cato’s 25th Annual Monetary Conference will focus on money and freedom—in particular, the risks inherent in a government fiat money regime—and consider monetary and exchange-rate regimes that may emerge in the search for stable money. In addition to the dollar, yen, and euro, special attention will be placed on the future of the renminbi as China becomes the world’s largest economy.
• Ben Bernanke, chairman, Federal Reserve Board
• Yi Gang, assistant governor, People’s Bank of China
• Eddie Yue, deputy chief executive, Hong Kong Monetary Authority
• John Greenwood, chief economist, Amvescap
• Fred Hu, managing director, Goldman Sachs (Asia)
• Miranda Xafa, executive board, IMF
• Surjit S. Bhalla, managing director, Oxus Research
• Arnold Harberger, UCLA
• Marvin Goodfriend, Carnegie Mellon University
• Anna J. Schwartz, NBER
• George Selgin and Richard H. Timberlake, University of Georgia
• Steve Hanke, Johns Hopkins University
· Antonio Martino, University of Rome, Luiss
To register and for further information, visit
1000 Massachusetts Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20001